If you are selling, do not make these mistakes - take some notes from the video!
1. Don't Sell Before The House Is Ready: If it doesn't present well, you'll have a harder time finding the right buyer, and if you do receive offers, they'll potentially be less than you'd like.
2. Don't Over-Improve: People buy houses for the neighborhood. If your house sticks out because it's over-improved, you may be hurting your chances ofselling.
3. Hire Wrong Selling your home is a business decision, so make sure you treat it like that by hiring the right team. While personal relationships matter, experience and expertise will determine financial success in your sale.
4. Don't Hide Anything Covering up or failing to mention real problems doesn't work. State disclosure laws are strict and you can be sued after the sale for anything that should have been made clear. Protect yourself by ensuring complete transparency when you go to sell your home.
5. Don't Rush You should know about your mortgage, including pre-payment penalties, market conditions and trends, and your options for your next home before jumping on the market. Partner with a well-informed Real Estate professoinal to make sure it's the right decision.
6. Don't Get Too Emotional Your attachment to your house and your own financial needs do not really matter in the transaction. If you can't set them aside, the sale may not go as you like. Remember that it was your home, but to the buyer, it's as a house.